Jamshedpur bow out of Kalinga Super Cup after defeat in Semis to East Bengal

Jamshedpur FC bowed out of the Kalinga Super Cup after a spirited campaign following a 2-0 defeat against East Bengal FC in the Semi-Finals. This was Jamshedpur's second consecutive semi-final in the tournament.

Both teams kicked off the game with attacking lineups. The deadlock was broken in the 19th minute when East Bengal's Hijazi found the back of the net.

As the match progressed, Jamshedpur slowly got into the game with various chances falling to the players in attack with Hoakip, Rei and Steve, all coming close.

Jamshedpur head coach, Khalid Jamil had to make an early substitution in the 32nd minute as Steve Ambri left the field due to injury, making way for Sanan.

For Jamshedpur, the best chance came at the 38th-minute mark as Imran's pinpoint shot was thwarted by East Bengal's goalkeeper to deny an equalizer.

TP Rehenesh ensured Jamshedpur remained in the game with a couple of important saves, one of them being in the 43rd minute.

It was end-to-end play towards the closing of the first half. However, East Bengal maintained and took the 1-0 lead into the break.

The second half started with a quick goal as Silverio scored for East Bengal in the 47th minute following a pass from Nanda from the left flank, extending their lead to 2-0 over Jamshedpur.

It became an uphill task for the Red Miners after conceding the second goal, but Khalid Jamil's men ensured they gave their all and fought.

In the 67th minute, Jamshedpur made strategic moves with a triple substitution – Nikhil, Nongdamba, and Muirang came in for Haokip, Imran, and Uvais.

In the 81st minute, Jamshedpur conceded a penalty. But, East Bengal's Cleiton Silva failed to convert as he hit the pole. The last 15 minutes of the match witnessed a resurgence from Jamshedpur FC. Jeremy Manzorro's long balls and passes created multiple scoring opportunities. Players like Elsinho and Pratik utilized their height to come forward for headers and came close to finding the net but were denied by inches.

At the full-time whistle, it was East Bengal who were celebrating as they went through to the final and Jamshedpur bowed out after a spirited Kalinga Super Cup campaign. The action for Jamshedpur now shifts back to the Indian Super League.

Your Comments